The President assumes overall responsibility for the progress and welfare of the club, and presides over club and committee meetings. They bring the committee together to work out any challenges that might arise, and set the tone for the club.
The President sets the vision and direction for the club. They are visible at every meeting, delivering two addresses at the start and end. Some of the duties the President will perform include:
- Chairing monthly committee meetings
- Updating the club on developments locally, in the Area, or in the wider world of Toastmasters
- Supporting other committee members to perform their own roles
- Setting a strategy for the club (e.g. growth, publicity)
- Keeping in contact with the club members
- Establishing a culture of integrity, respect, service, and excellence